i love my new toy
Due to the new work I signed up for and the other freelance stuff I still am currently doing, I’ve sadly neglected the wonderful world of updating my non-existent readers about what’s been happening in my life. 🙂
So let’s talk updates… Monday was a great day for me because I got myself a new toy. Actually, my mom got me a new toy.
- Dell Inspiron 1525 Blossom Pattern
- Intel® Pentium® Dual Core T2390 (1.86GHz/533Mhz FSB/1MB cache)
- Genuine Windows Vista® SP1 Home Premium Edition
- Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280×800)
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
- 1.5GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz
- 150GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
- CD/DVD writer (DVD+/-RW) +Roxio Creator 10 Premier-Ultimate Burn/Authoring
- Integrated 2.0M Pixel Webcam
- 6 cell battery
- High Definition Audio 2.0
- Integrated 10/100 Network Card
- Integrated Modem
- Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 8.1
Just sharing the picture now. Stories are for later. Back to work for me until 6ish. 🙂
It’s finally the weekend and I have a little bit of time to burn. Yey! Since I promised stories, I have stories. Mom’s retiring this year and she’s trying to see what her options are. I told her about working from home. The only glitch that existed was she barely knew how to run a PC. Being the boss for more than 30 years, she checked her email by asking someone to print them.
But the amazing thing about my mom is that she’s determined to learn new things and now that she has a lot of time, her age and total lack of know how cannot possibly stop her for long. Unfortunately, my brother is one of those kids who badly need MMORPG rehabilitation. She asked me to buy her a laptop. She needed something very basic. So I went to the mall and we were down to buying either a Toshiba or a Compaq, both were black and one had a really yucky keyboard.
While window shopping, Miks said that the purple laptop will look amazing with my purple phone. I asked Nice to ask how much the Dell laptop was thinking it will be way over our budget. Surprise! Surprise! It was right within the same price of the Compaq that we were buying. Dad then informed me that Mom wants me to keep the new laptop and she can use my old laptop. I didn’t argue and simply offered to pay part of the cost of the new upgrade.
I am, a lot of times, just too lucky.